Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Would you like to join me?

Summer is here and I've been spending some time re-organizing my artistic journeying and re-considering how I want to move forward. Truth be told, as much as I still enjoy painting, I have felt a calling in the past few years to go back to my first love which is drawing. Drawing also seems to fit better with the other demands on my time right now. 

For those of you who follow my painting blog , you have probably already noticed that I have not painted in awhile. I'm not stopping it all together, just delving into some other interests. Several people have inquired about my lack of posting on Heart-In-Hand. Truthfully, the time I used to spend writing longer posts is not a luxury I have or desire to focus on at this point. 

BUT, I have forged a new little adventure (actually two!) which focuses more on my drawings and I would love it if you would join me along the way. Introducing: 



You may remember that I introduced you to Viola Blue and Phineas Frog several months ago in a Heart-in-Hand post. I decided that they deserved their own spot and have created a blog just for them, entitled PB and Joyly (click on the link to check it out). It's my hope that PB and Joyly will be a cartoon that all ages can relate to. It's my goal to create something parents can enjoy and share with their kids and then perhaps start a discussion. If you would like to follow along on their journeys, you can subscribe on the blog page and an email will be sent to you whenever there is a new posting.

I also wanted to find a way to share the little drawings (cartoons, really) that appear in my daily Bible readings. Because they are very different from PB and Joyly, I wanted them to have their own blog as well, so I created "Morning Glories and Graces." 



I am challenging myself in this blog to keep it simple, offer drawings that will get people thinking and see what happens if I try to "grow" this lifelong love I've had for cartooning. I'm very excited and hope you will join me by subscribing here

Thank you all for the support you've given me over the years and I'm serving up a full portion of gratitude for all that brought me to this place, here  and now. It's a little scary starting something new (inner dialogue: this is crazy, I don't need something else to do, what if I fail, it's going to be a lot of work...yada-yada), but I'm bolstered by the support of friends and the strong hope and desire that I am honoring God with the talents he gave me.


No comments: