Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

My Heart in Your Hand


This first post of the New Year, I want to take a moment to thank you for the privilege of sharing my thoughts and inspiration with you throughout the year. If you only knew how many times I think of things that I’d like to share with you and then end up feeling too shy about putting anything “out there” that might not come across the way I want it to, that could be misinterpreted, or even wrong.  

2012 begins my fifth year (!) of Heart-In-Hand and I am still amazed that I have this blog and I share my thoughts with such a wide audience.  This sense of vulnerability I have of putting a bit of my heart in your hand with each post is a risk I continue to be willing to take with the hope that what inspires me will build you up too.  It’s not like I am vastly knowledgeable in any given area, and I’m sure I make points that could be argued over.  Most of the time, before I hit the publish button, I think, “Who am I to assume this is relevant…interesting…well-written…inspirational?” and then I muster up my courage and send it off with a prayer that God will be able to use at least some part to his benefit and that I have worked faithfully to allow the Holy Spirit to guide me. 

Ring the bells that still can ring;

Forget your perfect offering .

There is a crack in everything: 

That's how the light gets in. 

Leonard Cohen

Heartfelt appreciation to my subscribers who send responses to my posts and share their thoughts with me – you keep me going! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog so much. Keep up the wonderful work.

Anonymous said...

times flies it going.